“Intuitive,eye-catching websites,built for conversion and usability”
We designed our first ever website back in 1995, in the days when an online brochure site was considered hi-tech. Thankfully, the web has moved on dramatically – and so have we.
Today, a well-designed website meets a multitude of needs. It should be:
- User-centric, with a valuable and interactive journey
- Action-led, drawing the user towards an opt-in, or sale, or enquiry
- Involving, to promote repeat visits and two-way interaction
- On-brand, reflecting your identity and values in words and pictures
- Search-friendly, with effective coding and linear navigation
- Multi-platform, with traditional, mobile and responsive versions
In other words, modern web design calls for a careful balance of creativity, strategy and usability.
We can help. Here at Genesesoft, we’re all about translating brands and ideas through great design, to build a powerful, sustainable online presence.
Reaching out online to the widest audience
You don’t need us to preach the value of accessibility – it stands to reason, your website should be available to every possible user.
It all makes sound business sense. And we can make sure it happens…
Here at Genesesoft, our developers have fully embraced the guidelines set down by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) All our websites are designed to meet these exacting standards – so you can expect full accessibility, along with a simple and intuitive user experience.
And if your site is already live, there’s a retrofit
Some websites – especially older sites – may need some intervention, to embrace new platforms or comply with the latest development standards. So feel free to ask us about:
- Site Audits: reviewing your code and noting accessibility issues
- Recommendations: how to rectify issues, for an accessible ‘Mark II’
- Redevelopment: fixing every issue, working solo or with your developers & formal process, to achieve a recognised standard.
Mapping the journey, for the visitor’s goals and yours
Of course, it’s a little different online – you can escape at the click of a button. And invariably, that’s what users will do, as soon as they’re lost or confused.
And that’s why Information Architecture is such an essential task
It’s all about eliminating that sense of confusion, by giving visitors a clear, sensible path to the content they need – instead of expecting them to guess their way from page to page.
In practice, it means placing critical information where the eye falls on screen…dividing content into logical silos that link from page to page… prompting action on every page, to eliminate dead ends.
A whole series of signposts, helping users to navigate their own path.
When we design your website, Information Architecture will be high on our agenda, as we look to highlight key information and maximise usability.
As you’ll discover, it’s a collaborative process that we call ‘mapping the journey’. It’s different for every site we build, but typically it runs along these lines:
- Questions: getting to know you, your organization, your customers and their expectations
- Goals: setting a benchmark, based on whatever you want (or need) to achieve
- Content: listing the main info headings and functionality
- Navigation: dividing pages into usable, linear sections
- Layout: defining what goes where, with the end goal always in mind
- Mock-up: creating a finished look and feel. Ready for feedback…
Our mantra is, a pretty site that’s poorly organised can’t succeed. So when we design websites, we’re creating experiences… not pictures!
Responsive Web Design
One site optimised for all devices.
Responsive web design is a method of designing and building websites that allows us to create one site that’s optimised for viewing on all devices. We build the site to respond to the platforms it’s being viewed on so whether you view it on your smartphone, tablet or desktop computer you’ll have a rich and rewarding experience.
Viewed on desktops or similar devices, the site will display and function as you would expect a website to. On smaller devices the site is presented in a more touch friendly format, addressing many key issues, including:
- Removing the need for awkward zooming-in to view content, as it’s optimised to display within the screen size.
- Content is repositioned logically rather than being removed, so mobile users still receive the full website experience.
- Navigation is no longer difficult to use as menus are adjusted to ensure ease of use on smaller screens and clicking with your finger.
A future proof solution
As well as the user experience benefits for people visiting your site, after initial time and cost investments responsive design will future proof your site and help save on website maintenance costs as you won’t have a separate mobile site to manage. Other benefits include:
- Improved conversion rates due to the optimised content and usability.
- Content is hosted on one URL rather than a desktop and mobile version, which makes it easier for people to interact with, share and link to.
- Google can discover your content more effectively as it doesn’t need to crawl a page with the different Googlebot (mobile) user agents to retrieve and index all your content.
Apps, Tools & Web Development
Meet the UK developers who insist “it’s not always rocket science”
Web Developers and other technical companies can learn a lesson from the Space Race.
Back in the ’60s, the story goes, NASA spent millions developing a miracle anti-gravity pen that defied the laws of physics by writing upside down.
The Russians, racking their brains with the very same conundrum, decided to use a pencil.
Conclusion: it’s not always rocket science!
And for us, that’s a guiding principle
We’re Imaginet’s web developers. And whatever web tools or applications we create for you, we’ll always start with the simplest options – and we’ll never burden you (or your budget) with over-engineering.
Of course, when we have to get technical, we’ll match any web company in the UK for advanced, high end solutions, with fully bespoke systems tailored to meet the complex needs of your business. But we’ll still keep one foot on the floor, so your front-end product will be wholly intuitive and designed for a simple, rewarding user experience.
Taking full advantage of the web and all it can do…
Your website should be so much more than a basic shop window or sales tool. When you harness the web’s unique capacity for data integration, your site will be poised to save you money, time and effort.
Here at Genesesoft, we use integration in all manner of client solutions. By adding back-end data or third party software to the web interface, we can deliver multiple efficiencies – including:
- Streamlined procedures
- Powered web applications
- E-commerce enhancements
- Sales automation
- Stock control
- Order fulfilment & shipping
Our development team has extensive experience of working with third party data, and we can show you examples using live feeds, payment gateways and e-commerce, as well as ticketing systems that work in conjunction with APIs.