Business Development Officer
- Education Level: Master’s/Bachelor’s Level
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop business and marketing plans in coordination with the Head of Business Development to achieve revenue goals.
- Research the market for identifying new business opportunities, develop lead generating platform and follow through to a successful agreement
- Understand the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts, and which market strategies can be used to attract clients
- Develop business proposals for new and existing customers.
- Collaborate with marketing team for lead generating marketing activities.
- Maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects within the area you have been assigned
- Develop creative strategies to retain the clients including interviewing them to take their feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan.
- Embrace a strong understanding of our products and services, our competition in the industry and positioning
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on corporate competitors
- Prepare the annual marketing budget and track the expenses against the budget.
- Develop in-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients and industry trends.
- Maintain a knowledge repository of clients, referrals, RFPs, prospects, and presentations.
- Develop strong customer relationships in order to generate a high volume of prospective clients.
- Manage customer calls and appointments effectively for new opportunities.
- Participate in industry forums, client discussions, and conferences as a representative of the organization.
- Determine cross-selling opportunities among different offices.
- Hire, train, and guide the marketing and business development associates.
Skills and Traits Required:
- High pursuing capacity with persistence and perseverance.
- Strong communication, presentation, and creative skills
- Deep and fast learning and an open persistent mindset to new technologies.
- Active in social media platform among the industry people
- Basic knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint). G Suite skills will be an added bonus.
- Creative and able to manage assigned responsibilities with little supervision
- Top-notch analytical skills — you must have an eye for detail!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fresh Master’s Degree preferred or Bachelor’s Degree with 2-3 years of working experience.
- Must possess good communication skills, decision-making, strategic thinking, leadership, interpersonal, and ethical conduct skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously – result oriented
- Team player, comfortable operating in a demanding and high-paced environment.
- Experience in leading a project team is desirable.
What we offer:
- The great working environment in a startup setting, and a unique opportunity to learn from the best in e-commerce and online marketing
- Exposure to work with multinational companies like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Alibaba.
- Opportunity to visit international offices in Bangladesh, UK, and Australia.
- Exposure in team management and leadership.