Ashlesha International is an organization that was established with the sole purpose to empower women in Nepal. The company provides training to women and help them to sell the products manufactured in the Nepalese market. Ashlesha international operates its business through a facebook page called “Potestore” and sells products online nationally and internationally. Furthermore, Ashlesha international makes a small amount of profit from their sales commission.
Ashlesha International needed to use user management and access control management tools along with finance and management tool to assist them in their day to day business activities.
The AWS was referred to be the solution for the problem.
Due to the high availability and scalability in the object store provided by AWS and flexibility of using private network access using Client VPN, The Nepal Distillery chose AWS for their infrastructure. From an architectural perspective, infrastructure, automation, and proximity to the customer were key factors to choose the AWS.
Being the one and only advanced AWS Partner located in Nepal, Genese Solutions was chosen for the AWS partner.
Genese Solutions with their certified and highly trained developers and solution architects has been making its name as Advanced AWS Partner of Nepal.
Incorporating a variety of products into the cloud computing platform, a potent solution as mentioned below was created:
- Using EC2 for Windows in a VPC.
- Using Active Directory within the VPC for private and secure networking for access control.
- Security groups and NACL were used as an additional security measure to restrict unauthorized access to the server. Sensitive protocols like RDP is allowed only from companies internal network.
- Further security is provided on the OS level using windows security.
- Using S3 for object-store. S3 was set up with intelligent tiering which allowed optimizing storage costs automatically when data access patterns change. This feature from AWS comes without any operational overhead.
- Data on S3 was secured using S3 bucket policies. Policies gave access to specific folder access to specific dept and users.
- MS SQL server in the EC2 Server for local database store.
Result And Benefits
In searching for a cost-effective cloud architecture solution,The Ashlesha International was particularly drawn to several AWS features. Using the best practices the complete solution to the problem was provided using the Active Directory and other services to give them fully functional desired product and they were able to run the team management software in windows server securely and without caring about the infrastructure.